The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Your first Heuer.
In Response To: Re: Your first Heuer. ()

Hi Fabrizio,

That is a very nice way to start! I think the re-editions were done extremely well - I have seen other brands try this and fail but in my humble opinion they did a great job with the CS3110; maintained the elegance and coolness of the original and the dial looks great.

That is such a coincidence as I am watching one on Ebay atm! The Lemania 500 movement and the case style I think looks absolutely terrific.

Yes, I had the same feeling now as when you started, to me, there is something very special about being part of this history, helping to keep the Heuer spirit alive and of course taking care of a beautiful watch.

Thanks,
Amar

: Hi Amar, I actually had two "firsts": the real first one
: was a re-edition, the white-dialled Carrera with the Lemania
: 1861 (ref. CS3110) and so the real vintage first was a black PVD
: ref. 510.501 with the Lemania 5100 a few years later. Many other
: watches have come and gone, but these have stayed - actually the
: 510.501 did go but I missed it so much I had to get another one
: "back home" ;-)!

: Yes for me too it was the racing connection and the tool-watch
: look. Plus the fact that at the time it was quite niche, so it
: gave you an idea of being part of a somewhat special circle.
: Cheers,
: Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE