The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Very Interesting to See Differences in Heuer Solunar

Thank you for pursuing this with TAG Heuer and thank you for sharing your findings here. It would be interesting to try to sort these "batches" and see which version of the printing goes with which serial numbers. But this may not be realistic.

Sorry that others did not reply, but the Solunar remains a bit of a niche watch, without a big following. So it may have been a conversation with yourself, but I know that others will benefit from your postings.

Thanks again,

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi!

: I just received a reply from the Heuer customer service: Here is
: what they say: "tolerances at the time of manufacturing
: were more loose, so different batches might have different
: printings..." So much for precision time keeping! I was
: correct in my assumption that the Swiss are not into oceans...

: Great conversation with myself!

: Niko

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE