The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Skipper Ref 7764 -- Still Available for Sale

Thank you for posting this message and welcome to our little corner of the world!!

Personally, I am a big fan of the ones that show some honest age and wear . . . as they say, "they are only original once".

The servicing at TAG Heuer will be expensive. If it were me, I would probably get the watch back and try to sell it privately. With the commissions and fees, I just don't see any traditional auction house as the way to go with this type of watch. List it on ChronoTrader, and I am confident that you will have some reasonable offers. These watches are in demand.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: This happens to be my fathers watch which I inherited and handed
: over to Fellows for auctioning. I did watch the live auction but
: contrary to what was said and video's on my mobile phone, it did
: not sell as it had a reserve of £6,500. I'm waiting to
: hear back from Fellows with an explanation. One other issue with
: Fellows relates to the pictures of an unattached strap at the 6
: o'clock lugs. Unfortunately they broke the strap when trying to
: open the case but I knew nothing of this until seeing the
: catalogue pictures. I'm toying with the idea of re-listing it
: with them at a lower reserve or simply having the watch back and
: maybe getting it serviced by TAG Heuer in Switzerland and the
: glass polished but not sure if this is a wise move. PS - Jeff:
: the second picture is a different Skipper.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE