The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Skipper Ref 7764 -- Still Available for Sale

: Thank you for posting this message and welcome to our little
: corner of the world!!

: Personally, I am a big fan of the ones that show some honest age
: and wear . . . as they say, "they are only original
: once".

: The servicing at TAG Heuer will be expensive. If it were me, I
: would probably get the watch back and try to sell it privately.
: With the commissions and fees, I just don't see any traditional
: auction house as the way to go with this type of watch. List it
: on ChronoTrader, and I am confident that you will have some
: reasonable offers. These watches are in demand.

: Jeff

:
:

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi Jeff and thanks very much for the welcome. My father was a big fan of Heuer and I believe bought it new when we were kids and he'd often take us sailing (with a fair degree of reluctance on our part) in his Flying Fifteen, so it saw quite a bit of use and hence its condition. I think I'll take up that suggestion to sell privately as is without further tinkering and yes I'm already aware just how expensive a service would be at TAG Heuer.. ekk! Kind regards, Gary.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE