The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Not Sure About the Timing of "MN"

Personally, I am not sure about the timing of the MN marking. I have a lot of photos of movements showing the "MN", but I have never attempted to figure out the date when the "MN" was used of the range of serial numbers that had the "MN".

If you have the serial number of a particular watch, that should be all you need to determine the approximate date of the watch.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I understand that some early 2446s and 2447s have Valjoux 72
: calibers without "MN" inscribed on the baseplate left
: to the "72". Can anyone please guide me to the
: approximate year of serial numbers when the switch to the
: "MN" marked calibers began?
: Your help is much appreciated.

: Cheers from Switzerland
: Richard

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE