The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Silver Tachymetre with silver dial on Carerra

Strange...
I've seen what I think might be another Silver Tachymeter Carrera in Selfridges, London.
The reason why I'm slightly confused about this one is that on this particular model, the Tachymeter wasn't as black as it looks on the Tag website, but had more of a silver shimmering colour to it (like granite). Now I know Tag officially call this colour 'Anthracite' but I'm just wondering if the light conditions made it look different. Maybe as Anthracite ages, it becomes more pale and shiny (I know this sounds ludicrus)?
Did you actually get to have a look at the watch again? If you do, ask them if they can show you another one (if they have a spare in stock) so you can compare the two.
Did you manage to get a photo? If you did, can you email it to me?
This will be my first Tag too so I wanna check out all the possibilities. I guess it's just you and me then!!!
Can anyone else help?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE