The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Same "Problem" With Autavia GMTs
In Response To: Nope, it does not. Sorry! ()

in response to a question that I received a few days ago, and in order to tie this discussion back to the Heuers, let me point out that the Autavia GMTs have this same limitation / problem -- the GMT hand is "fixed" to the main time-of-day, and cannot be set to a second time zone.

at least on the Autavias, the bezel can be rotated so that the GMT hand will track a second time zone . . . no such luck on the Lemania 5100s / Omegas.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: There isn't any harm, but Chronocentric (Omega
: Forum at the top of this forum's page) could
: use the traffic too!

: Stop! you're making me blush!

: Nope, sorry... This was one of the major
: reasons why I passed on getting a
: Day-Date-Month Speedmaster Automatic in
: December 1998... I started looking at
: vintage and now you know the rest of the
: story!

: However, the Sinn 144 GMT does have the
: capability of displaying a second hour hand
: (albeit 12-Hour):
: Sinn Ti 144 GMT (in the 100-piece LE Katun
: vestments)...

: -- Chuck

Messages In This Thread

24 hr display on a speedmasrer
Nope, it does not. Sorry!
Same "Problem" With Autavia GMTs
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE