The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heirloom Heuer Master Time help

My mother recently passed away and I found this gem in her hoard, it belonged to her father who collected time pieces. I searched your site and have a good feeling for what it is, but figured I would describe it here for a positive ID and possible general idea of worth. We won't be selling it but want to make sure it's insured if necessary.

Description:

3-6-9-12 Heuer Master-time, 8 days
It looks identical to the picture on this site for the "Early Master Time" made 1958-1967.

What is special about this dash mounted timepiece? Well, it has never been used. It is in the original box, has the original sealed plastic bag of mounting screws, the timepiece itself is immaculate and it has the original instructions. The front page of the instructions reads:

Heuer
Master-Time
Timing Instrument
for the Dashboard of
Motor Cars, Power Boats,
Airplanes

and it is stamped with "Heuer Timer Corporation 441 Lexington Avenue, New York 17, N.Y.

Anything you can do to help me would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Fred

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE