The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Carrera Re-Edition ??
In Response To: Carrera Re-Edition ?? ()

: Hello. Last weekend I was on holiday at the
: Belgian coast and saw a very nice Tag Heuer
: Carrera. The shop was closed and the model
: number wasn't readable. I searched for it on
: the internet and on Tag Heuer's site but
: didn't find this specific model.

TAG-Heuer only typically carries current models on their website, but your description below doesn't sound consistant with any Carrera's I remember TAG offering...

: I think
: probably this could be an older model (3 to
: 4 years old). This Carrera had a silver/grey
: dial with two blue subdials and a date
: window at 6. Two buttons and a winding crown
: at the right side. Don't know if it was
: mechanical or automatic.

To my knowledge, TAG has not offered a 2-Subdial, Date @ 6 o'clock chronograph with the crown on the 3-o'clock side of the case. They've offered a 2004 Limited edition model with the crown at 9 o'clock and chocolate brown subdials, but no models to my knowledge with 2-Registers, date @ 6 and Crown @ 3.

: ANYONE TO HELP ME
: OUT, WHICH MODEL NUMBER, LINKS TO WEBSITES
: ??

Barring seeing a picture, I would suspect that the watch in question is quite possibily a fake. If you could take a picture (even with a cellular camera phone) it would be helpful.

Sorry I can't be of any more assistance on such little information.

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE