The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The Autavia Had to Go
In Response To: Say it ain't so Jeff! ()

The Autavia 92 had to go . . . was grumbling about being worn . . . also refused to count the hours.

The Seafarer (prototype) went to a better place . . . to be described later.

sometime soon, I will do a write-up describing the current approach to the collection. I am preferring the "origins of the species", so the Viceroy and Sifferts get the nod over the later derivatives of the Autavias. The 5100's are also keepers. Add the IDF Autavias, and that will likely be the core of my collection. Thus, the Silverstone and Daytona don't fit into the scheme. Of course, there are excpetions to all this . . . the earliest Autavia, the Abercrombie guys, a couple of three-register "no-names" (pre-Carrera) and the Fliegers . . . How does that sound for a reasonable collection?

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: You bounced the Autavia 92?

: I also was after in the future one of your
: Seafarers! Damn!!

: Regards

: Alistair

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE