The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Monaco Question
In Response To: Monaco Question ()

: Hey Everyone, I have just been getting into
: this watch thing. I have the opportunity buy
: a Tag Heuer Monaco or a Heuer Monaco. They
: are priced the same and are in the same
: condition, so from a resale value, what's
: the better. Jason

Hi There- you're in the wrong place if you're looking for support to buy a Tag over a Heuer!

There is no doubt that an original 70's Monaco Heuer will have far more re-sale value that a new Tag Heuer Monaco.

However, you may be asking about the late 1990's Monaco Re-edition that carried only the Heuer name. Again, these seem to retain value better than an equivalent Tag branded Monaco.

A word of caution: If a 70's Monaco is going for the same price as a Tag Monaco, I would look at it very closely to make sure it is genuine, as a good 70's Monaco should be worth a significant amount more than a Tag Monaco.

Good luck

Messages In This Thread

Monaco Question
Re: Monaco Question
I Agree -- Go Vintage!!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE