The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Agree -- Go Vintage!!
In Response To: Re: Monaco Question ()

any version of vintage Monaco (1970's) will be worth considerably more than any version of the modern ones; the vintage ones have also appreciated considerably over the past couple of years, and this trend seems to be continuing.

if you are considering two of the modern-day re-issues -- the black one with the Heuer logo or any of the ones with the TAG-Heuer logo -- then I would say that you should go for the one that looks best to you. Perhaps the black "Heuer"-only is rarer / more collectible, but it's probably not one that you would buy for investment.

Thanks for the inquiry; please let us know which one you choose.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi There- you're in the wrong place if you're
: looking for support to buy a Tag over a
: Heuer!

: There is no doubt that an original 70's Monaco
: Heuer will have far more re-sale value that
: a new Tag Heuer Monaco.

: However, you may be asking about the late
: 1990's Monaco Re-edition that carried only
: the Heuer name. Again, these seem to retain
: value better than an equivalent Tag branded
: Monaco.

: A word of caution: If a 70's Monaco is going
: for the same price as a Tag Monaco, I would
: look at it very closely to make sure it is
: genuine, as a good 70's Monaco should be
: worth a significant amount more than a Tag
: Monaco.

: Good luck

Messages In This Thread

Monaco Question
Re: Monaco Question
I Agree -- Go Vintage!!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE