The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Now with movement pics *LINK* *PIC*
In Response To: Re: Can anybody ID... ()

Well, I managed to get the back off without leaving any marks. It's immacualte and marked Heuer-Leonidas S.A. and the only other markings I can really see is an "L" inside some seal followed by "248," as well as a serial number inside the caseback. I'm off to try to ID the movement, but if anybody has any other info it would be appreciated.

I'm interested in knowing the value, I guess, but not for resale purposes. I want to know if I can/should wear this watch every other day like I intended when I bought it. Seeing what kind of shape it's in has me hesitant to subject it to my usual clumsiness...

One more pic at the below link...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE