The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Par's Point / What Would You Wear ? ? ?

: So if you happened to own a Porsche 917 or a
: 550 Spyder, and were going to the vintage
: races for a weekend, what would you wear?
: Let's ask for two or three answers: If you
: had to walk into a "modern" watch
: store, selling all the current production
: models, but no vintage or pre-owned, what
: would you select for your vintage racing
: weekend?

Answer #1 - Modern Watch:

A Bell & Ross Tourbillon. Huge, outrageous, stupidly expensive and probably woldn't bump into somebody else wearing one.

: Now, if you had to go to OnTheDash (or let's
: say your favorite Omega or Breitling
: website) and select a vintage chronograph,
: for the weekend, what would it be?

Answer #2 - Vintage Chronograph:

This is not a very creative answer, but I'm going to have to say a Siffert Autavia. Lots of history, great looking watch, very appropropriate for the venue.

: Finally, what if you could select any vintage
: watch, from any source -- Rolex, Patek, etc.
: -- what would you do?

Answer #3 - Blue Sky Scenario:
This is a no brainer. I would hop in my magic time machine, go back to 1969 and beg/borrow/steal a Speedmaster that has actually, verifiably been on the moon. (Pardon the pic of modern Speedy.)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE