The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
As I have been dragged in here...

I will defend/explain what transpired.
Phone call received regarding Nic, and whether I knew of him, had the $670 cash to come and pick up the watch by 4:00 pm. Mr. Driscoll proceeded to tell me about all the negative comments he had received regarding Nic, etc...would not ship overseas, God Bless America, etc. alot of questions regarding my knowledge of Torrington, families in Torrington, the Register Citizen for which he writes a column...
I told him that I had no idea about the transaction, much less the watch I was supposed to pick up. I did say that I would be able to pick up the watch the next day, but that was no good. No deal. It was at that point that Mr. Driscoll gave me the auction number. When I saw the Carrera I mentioned that as he was planning on relisingt it, that I believed he would be better off with no BIN as it looked to be worth more. Nothing more, nothing less in my statement regarding the watch.
As to my comment regarding Mr. Driscoll being confused, this is based on his adamant no shipping overseas etc policy, and yet he offered Nic the chance to get the watch by offering me the chance to pick up the watch...does not compute.
That is it.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE