The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A late buzz

And I don't mean the beer you have on the way home after being out clubbing!

This is a late entrant into the "bees knees" thread, which I heard about from Jeff today. That's very tough, to choose only two watches which are (to quote Jeff)

> the ultimate watch
> the neatest watch you have ever seen
> the sweetest watch you own
> the be all and end all of your personal watch collecting
> the most amazing / elegant / brilliant design . . . ever [like those little pollen baskets on the bee's knees]
> the watch that is so great that if you never buy any other watch, you will be happy with this one

If I had to choose a two or three hand watch, I would have to keep this one. The dial, indices and hands are art works and the bracelet is an engineering marvel. Each "brick" in the bracelet is an indvidual piece.

This Connie is the one I dreamed of eventually owning one day . . .

It's a classic design and rarely seen, but easily recognized and never mistaken for anything else, and it is almost fifty years old. Because no one else ever made a watch and bracelet like this one.

For my other knee, it will have more than three hands . . .

I considered a tradtional complication, a full calendar moonphase, very thin, with a tricky color change dial . . . (two shots of the same watch)

But it is only three hands and is basically another dress watch.

My other knee has to be this one.

Let's see: seven hands and a moonphase; unusual and attractive design, exotic metal (titanium) case, twenty years old, rare , with a durable calibre 866 (Omega 861 moonwatch calibre variant), and can be worn with a suit or in shorts on your bike.

Plus "Teutonic Speedy Moon" is just a cool name . . .

I could live with just these two watches and have almost every situation covered.

(I know I can't go swimming -- but I had to choose just two!).

And for those of you who don't know me, yes I like Omega -- a lot.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE