The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
What's Hot, What's Not?

Recently, I have received some e-mail messages, either commenting on the current market for vintage Heuers or asking what I am seeing in this market. So maybe it's time for one of our customary "what's hot / what's not" type of threads.

• What are our readers seeing, in terms of the overall strength of the market for vintage Heuer chronographs?

• Within this market, which models are hottest and which have gone cool?

• How does the vintage Heuer market compare with other vintage watch markets, for example, Rolex, Omega and Breitling?

• And, of course, we ask the toughest question -- Which is the next Heuer to heat up or cool down?

Let me start the thread with two "What's Hot" comments . . . and, yes, I will take a couple of the easy ones!!
  • Carrera 12's (Ref. 2447, manual wind) are hot. I am seeing that any of the nice ones clear the $3,000 mark.

• Autavia Diver 100's are hot. Price of admission has risen to $4,000 for the good ones, but they are near impossible to find.

So what are you guys seeing and predicting? I expect to use some of your comments to update the Price Guide.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE