The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: What's Hot, What's Not?
In Response To: What's Hot, What's Not? ()

: Well, I must agree with Jeff as I just sold my gorgeous 1960s Silver Deci Dial Carrera for over the 3K mark. I was a bit on the fence about selling (it was just something I thought, "Huh, maybe I should try selling my Carrera--see what/who is out there that might be interested. This, kind of for fun. But the response was fast and furious! So, I had to keep my word about selling but I also kept my price firm. No one flinched at the price--nor should they have!). I suspect you may all start flinging tomatoes at me now! Saying, "why the heck did you sell your gorgeous Carrera?!

Sure, I had very mixed feelings about seeing it go; Sad for obvious reasons--the watch is amazing. Happy, because I think the watch and new UK owner are a good match. The watch will see the day of light (versus being locked up in my safe) and accompany the new owner on his wrist as he joins hands in marriage! Sometimes one has to do what is best for the watch!So, I will be on the hunt (again) for another amazing Carrera--this time with the white face and black subs (I know, you all are sarcastically saying, "good luck." I know they are very, very hard to find). But, I like the thrill of the chase. I'll find one:)

I'm still pretty attached to my Abercrombie Heuer Chrono, however. I guess it has to do with it being my first one (sillly me?).

Until next post, be well!
Patty from California
: Recently, I have received some e-mail messages,
: either commenting on the current market for
: vintage Heuers or asking what I am seeing in
: this market. So maybe it's time for one of
: our customary "what's hot / what's
: not" type of threads.

: What are our readers seeing, in terms of the
: overall strength of the market for vintage
: Heuer chronographs?

: Within this market, which models are hottest
: and which have gone cool?

: How does the vintage Heuer market compare with
: other vintage watch markets, for example,
: Rolex, Omega and Breitling?

: And, of course, we ask the toughest question
: -- Which is the next Heuer to heat up or
: cool down?
: Let me start the thread with two "What's
: Hot" comments . . . and, yes, I will
: take a couple of the easy ones!! Carrera
: 12's (Ref. 2447, manual wind) are hot. I am
: seeing that any of the nice ones clear the
: $3,000 mark.

: Autavia Diver 100's are hot. Price of
: admission has risen to $4,000 for the good
: ones, but they are near impossible to find.
: So what are you guys seeing and predicting? I
: expect to use some of your comments to
: update the Price Guide.

: Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE