The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Maybe Skim This Article . . .------WebKitFormB *PIC*

Spent US$5500 so far ! but am thinking about
: going down the NOS/mint route and having two
: or three stunners and one or two every day
: watches.

: Carrera and Autavia are on the list as is an
: Omega Speedmaster, so will see what comes up
: and how much money I have left !

The Speedy Pro is a near perfect watch IMHO. It has the heft of an Autavia and the clean lines of a Carrera.

While they may seem a little common in the watch world, I haven't run across a single one in the real world in the year I've had mine.

While I love the 321s, you might consider an 861 as a daily wearer. The 861s are almost identical to the older watches, and they're so plentiful that they're easily replaced if damaged or stolen, and repair parts are easy to get.

The later bracelets are also nicer and more robust. That said, I love a Speedy on a Strap (mine's on a black Hirsch Professional)
I paid under $900 for mine but that was a crazy deal. You can find a very nice used Speedy for $1500 I would guess.

That's not mine, but nice eye candy nonetheless. (I prefer the less glitzy 80s-90s bracelet.)

best
Allen

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE