The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
¿“Fovor”? If I wasn't feverish before...

A Challenge for You, Chuck (or a Fovor of You??) *LINK*

¿“Fovor”? If I wasn't feverish before, I think I'm convinced I am now! ;^)

Is there any (easy) way that this could be edited a bit so that I could post as a "freestanding" piece on our Movements page (linked below).

Certainly... What I would recommend is that you grab the source of my posting (in HTML) (I can mail it to you if you'd like), paste it into an HTML browser, and edit it as you see fit.

Or maybe a freestanding page, that we could link from the Movements page??

Well, it occurs to me that we really should create a second forum, much akin to TimeZone's Classic's forum, where people can archive posts of enduring value to the OTD community. Fortunately we haven't needed to do this yet, because we have every post ever made on the forum and it's easily searchable. But I can think of a number of posts that are suitable for “OTD Classics”...

It may not be a perfect fit, but we need some way to preserve and be able to easily reference this sort of incredible information.

Actually, this isn't one of my better efforts on the relative merit's of various chronograph movements. I engaged in a rather lengthy dialog with with an opinionated French gentleman on the Vintage Omega mailing list last spring, that I can search for and post a cleaned up version of it for the edification and or entertainment of the peanut gallery here if you'd like. In it I go into my personal opinions as to the top 10 chronograph movments. Interestingly enough the French gentleman was an ardent Lemania/Omega fan, and I was much more open-minded when it came to other makes.

Thoughts?? Easier approaches??

The steps necessary to get the post in a form that you can edit is fairly short and something I can go over with you on the phone. You have (an earlier version) of the program I'd use, and I don't think this particular post is complicated enough that you need anything more sophicated than you already have in your possession.

Let's talk about it in the morning!

Jeff

And I will search for the posting I had made this spring about chronograph movements...

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE