The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Additions to OTD's/Jeff's Resolutions, and mine...

Is there anything else our readers would like to add to this list? What are other folk's resolutions?

To your/the OTD resolution list (no particular order)...
  • Create an OTD FAQ
    • There are plenty of On-Line watch FAQ's we can mine for ideas nowadays
  • Create a OTD Site Map
  • A "Beginner's Guide to collecting Dash Board/Wrist watches/Chronographs" Page... IE "Watch/Timer Collecting 101"...
    • A decent departure point for ideas is my "Seeking a Moonwatch for my " article...
      • The basic concept is someone says "I'm a newbie, how to I learn a certain "Basic Training" core knowledge as quickly and easily as possible?", this page/article would include thoughts / links (both within OTD/Chronocentric and on other sites) / information that would bring them up to speed quickly and painlessly with a minimal investment of time.
      • Could be tied in with the FAQ
  • While we're at it... Create a "A first-timer's tour of OnTheDash"... "100 Introduction to OnTheDash..."
    • The site is suffeciently big and complex enough that a short tour of the highlights (and power) of OTD is in order. ...Perhaps with embedded iframes... Hmmm...
  • Creation of an HTML boilerplate section where basic HTML code snippets (like a generic version of my posting signature, an IFRAMES sample, etc.) can be displayed and people who wish to incorporate such coding within their posts can easily copy and paste them into their posts/replies...
  • Figure out a way to create a On-Site or Off-Site Sales Corner...
    • If creating a separate Sales Corner on OTD/Chronocentric is not desirable, let's either designate TZ's Sales Corner or better yet, create a separate forum on Network 54 or Yahoo Groups to act as an OTD Sales Corner...
  • Determine if there is any quick/easy way to dispense with the "Sidebar Navigation" format within the forum, so that we can have wider posts in the same amount of screen space.
  • Change the Default settings in the Search feature in the Forum so that the default setting is for searching articles posted in the past X years not weeks. One should always search for the widest possibilities first and narrow the search as needed/desired.
  • A "make-over"/refresh of the basic OTD layout/graphics... Most websites are revised on a 6 - 18 month schedule to look fresh and vibrant. We're nearing the 12 month mark. Not sure what I'd change or modify, but I'm sure we could think of something relatively quick and easy to freshen up the ol' place...
  • Figure out a good way to do it, and then schedule some on-line chats.
    • This was a regular event over at the TZ Omega Forum and was a lot of fun. Sometimes conversations are much more fun live and within a group than posting within a forum format.
  • Create/maintain a Calendar to track/publicize scheduled events (Watch Shows, Theme Scan Days, On-Line Chat's, etc.)

My personal list (again no particular order)..

• Survive long enough to see in 2004 (with this cold this is not a certainty)
  • Swamp out my computer room so that I have more room to craft scans/articles, research/study/work so that I can better participate within the forums
  • Improve my photography/lighting setup/skills
  • Finish scanning the catalogs/cards I have in my possession and publish them for the benefit of all
  • Get cracking on revising all of the past articles I've done as necessary (especially the one's I've been putting off)
  • Start work on the "Big Projects" that are so big in scope they scare me (the amount of time/resource investment to bring to fruition)
    • An example would be to do the Autavia equivelent of the Carrera Article…
  • Fill in all those annoying gaps in my collection (like the BEWD and WEBD Carrera 12's)
  • Survive long enough to make a similar list this time in 2004 for the 2005 Campaign...
    • All of the other resolutions take a back seat to me living long enough to be a major pain in the @$$ to the IR$... ; )
  • Take better care of myself... And better care of Jeff and Derek too!

Cheers!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE