The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Value of Box, Papers, Bracelet and Receipt; Maybe 50%

Sure the 'proof of originality' is one of the facets of this topic, but especially if we think about vintage Heuers I think they bring an intrinsical added value. After all especially the boxes seem to have become cult items by themselves, and people (though personally not me) seem to be willing to pay even large sums for them alone.

I would tend to agree with Jeff's opinion that the overall value increase may be in the 40% to 50% if wholly matching, somewhat less (towards Sam's estimate) if they just are original but not altogether fitting. Also, extras themselves vary a lot both in their availability and the value they add: as far as I know, Heuer hang tags seem to be even scarcer than boxes and surely than papers but they seem to attract less value despite IMO they are better proofs of originality and 'good ownership' (as it were) than papers...

Cheers.

Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE