The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Aviation Scans -- "Actually Flown" Category
In Response To: Scan Day: Aviation ()

Scott:

That Gallet is spectacular . . . wow, talk about a situation where the box and papaers, and even the engraving, add some romance and some value. Maybe this is the ultimate example of a watch that is telling us its story!!

Since you have started the aviation scan day with one that may have a lot of actual flight time, let me reply with this one -- Israel Defense Forces Autavia (with the black-on-black registers and white hands). Of the various pilot's watches in my collection, I would guess that this one had as much flying time as any of them.

The dings and dents on the AMI chrono also suggest that it has seen some action.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I guess I will be first: Here's my Excel-O-Graph complete with
: original owner's Name, SSN And AOPA Number inscribed on the
: back. He was a pilot in Alaska (1937 - 2002)

:
:
:
:
:
:

: It also came complete with original box, paper work and A custom
: made 14kt gold nugget bracelet adorned with the Alaskan flag.
: Obviously, I removed the bracelet and it is now on a black
: leather strap with deployment buckle.

: HAGWE

: Scott

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE