The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Here are a Couple of Photos of Pasadena Crowns

Have you tried LVMH? I recently sent my Pasadena off to them for help with bringing it back to life and found out that it is considered Vintage. Long story short it is now in Switzerland at Heuer and I have just gotten a list of items they can replace, including the crown. If you are unable to source one easily you might give the factory route a try. By the way, if you are in need of a new bracelet for it, that is something the factory does not have, much to my disappointment.

: Thanks, these photos are very helpful. This probably confirms that
: the crown on mine isn't original as clearly the crown should
: have the same PVD finish as the case and pushers. The crown on
: my watch seems to have a painted finish with either brass or a
: gold finish showing through, rather than a hint of steel where
: the PVD has worn on the edges. Additionally the crown on my
: watch has only 20 'knurls' which seems to be less than these,
: although, curiously the knurling on mine appears to be finer.
: It would seem that the crown on my watch was replaced at some time
: with one that is a good match in size and profile but it was
: painted over a gold coloured finish.
: Any help in finding a correct replacement for an otherwise fine
: watch would be much appreciated.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE