The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Pasadena Crowns

: Have you tried LVMH? I recently sent my Pasadena off to them for
: help with bringing it back to life and found out that it is
: considered Vintage. Long story short it is now in Switzerland at
: Heuer and I have just gotten a list of items they can replace,
: including the crown. If you are unable to source one easily you
: might give the factory route a try. By the way, if you are in
: need of a new bracelet for it, that is something the factory
: does not have, much to my disappointment.

Thanks for that. I would certainly try the factory route and have already tried my local TAG dealer but found that they were very unhelpful. They had no experience of the preTAG era watches and indicated that they couldn't really help. I do need a bracelet too but I am happy to lve without one if I could get the watch head properly sorted and onto a period perforated strap. Unfortunately the 20mm strap seems very skimpy and it really needs a 24mm, reduced to fit into the lugs. I have a bracelet, which mine came on, but I am not sure that it's original. It is in fairly good condition but too short for me and of course I have no extra links.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE