The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I see a very similar watch in print
In Response To: My Analysis ()

I thought I had seen a similar watch in print and tonight I found it. Look on page 209 of "1001 Wristwatches from 1925 to the present", edited by Martin Haussermann and published by Paragon Publishing. Copywrite 2007 for the US edition. This GMT Autavia has a black 24 hour bezel, evenly numbered. The bezel does have the triangle at what would be the 24 hour hour marker, with the tritium dot in its center. The e-bay auction piece has fully 24 hour numbers, however. Otherwise, they appear pretty much identical. Perhaps someone made a very good, albeit black instead of blue and red, replacement bezel for aftermarket use at some time. Or, maybe Heuer did? I dunno. Hopefully Jeff will solve this mystery for us. Nevertheless, the e-bay watch is very attractive.
Steve

Messages In This Thread

Argentina Air Force Autavia GMT on Ebay
My Analysis
I see a very similar watch in print
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE