The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
No Such Table of Serial Numbers ( . . . Yet)

There is no comprehensive table of serial numbers for the vintage Heuers, nor is there any index that shows ranges of serial numbers and dates of production. We know that Heuer did not track the serial numbers, and correlate them to production dates, etc. We are told that the serial numbers on the cases were used by the casemakers, but not by Heuer itself.

I am working on a Table of Serial Numbers of the no-name Heuer chronographs from the 1940's and 1950's, tracking the serial numbers on the movements, and some very interesting information is emerging.

I have considered starting other Tables of Serial Numbers, but have not yet done so. For example, it might be interesting to see what we can learn about the sequence of the various versions of the grey Monacos, based on the serial numbers on the cases.

Let me publish the first Table of Serial Numbers (covering the 1940's and 1950's), and then we can see where we might want to go from there.

In the meanwhile, if you can send or post a photo, we can probably get fairly close on dating your chronograph.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Is there a table anywhere that one can date vintage Carreras from
: there serial number between the lugs? Would love any info.
: Thanks Raymond.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE