The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Fisher = "Fisher Scientific", I Believe
In Response To: "Fisher" Heuer Stop-watch ()

I am not entirely certain, but I believe that Fisher was a scientific / equipment company that produced and sold instruments and supplies for laboratories, testing, etc. Accordingly, this stopwatch was made by Heuer, and co-branded for Fisher, and might have been used in a scientific lab..

According to the Wikipedia entry on "Fisher Scientific", Fisher Scientific was founded in 1902. As is so often the case, there have been numerous mergers and combinations over the years, and Fisher Scientific still exists as part of a much larger global enterprise, ThermoFisher Scientific, a NYSE listed company with $10 billion in sales, derived from 150 countries around the world.

Turning from the Fisher company to the stopwatch itself, from the description that you have provided, I believe that these were very common stopwatches, offered in numerous versions, throughout the 50's, 60's and 70's. Current market price on them is typically in the $50 to $100 range, depending on cosmetic and mechanical condition, etc.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have a Heuer stop watch with FISHER at the top of the dial, HEUER at the bottom of the dial. It's about 2" in dia. with seconds and minutes hands. The seconds register is 5 to 60, down to .2 sec. lines. The concentric minute hand runs to a reduced diameter register with red numbers and lines. The seconds hand is blue steel, and the minutes hand is red paint. Inside the back cover is HEUER-LEONIDAS SA / PIQUERES / 7710 (caliber?) Seven 7 Jewels / Unadjusted / Swiss

Any information would be appriciated.

Messages In This Thread

"Fisher" Heuer Stop-watch
Fisher = "Fisher Scientific", I Believe
Re: Fisher = "Fisher Scientific", I Believe
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE