The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: don't worry *LINK*
In Response To: Re: don't worry ()

Hi Alex,

IMO monaco1971's watch is a 11630 with orange (faded) accents from the 70's.

Heuer was doing alot of mix and match.
Since you have many 11630 Autavias, if you check them VERY closely you'll discover that there are 2 different 11630 cases from the 70's (not mentioning the 3rd, 80's 11630 rare case). The differences are very subtle but there. Maybe Jeff or some other expert can verify that. One of these 2 type of cases came with the case back that is similar to 1163. You can see that caseback in many 11630 Autavias and they are original. See the watch above or that Autavia currently on ebay and many many others.

Also as a proof that Heuer made a lot of mix and match look at your own catalog where the 11630 uses a different bracelet that that in your picture.
There are not definitive configurations. For example I have seen perfectly original Autavia 100 with a decompression bezel and in Italy I have discovered an original 11630 with a Silver dial with red hands and red (RED not orange) accents on dial. Another misconception that I hope is cleared now is that 11630 with orange accents only came with MH bezels. Truth is they can have Tachy bezels too. Catalogs are very useful but not the definitive guide to all Heuers ever made.

best regards

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE