The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Yes, He Wore the Secret Service Watch

Jasper:

Indeed, the question of "which watch?" has been an important topic of discussion here in the US of A.

I have checked the photos, and can confirm that he wore the "Secret Service" watch, both for the actual inauguration and for the balls, during the evening. The watch looked a little strange with the tuxedo, at the balls, but it looked perfect while he took the oath, with his left (watch) hand on the Lincoln Bible.

Of course, I was hoping that he might switch back to the TAG-Heuer for this historic day, but he stayed with the Secret Service watch, which he has worn for apporximately 18 months. I suppose this one has become the "lucky watch".

Here is an item of trivia for you: there are exactly 12 of these watches, produced with the Secret Service logo; Obama has one, and I have one . . . maybe we start a registry to try to find the other 10? Unfortunately, the knock-offs have already arrived (selling for $325), but they cannot have the actual Secret Service shield.

Jeff

: Hi heuer lovers,
: as you know i am over in miami FL , i watched and partyed the hole
: day of the inauguration of your new 44 th president barack
: obama.

: i was here and saw this event with a lot of american people and
: they where all full of joy and hope on this historical day for
: the usa.

: we europeans are proud of you...

: could anybody identify his watch what he was wearing on this day??

: jasper Bitter

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE