The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Of Course It's A Fake!!
In Response To: FRANKENHEUER ()

Of course it's a fake. But if someone says that they can produce evidence showing that it is authentic, bring it on!! This sort of evidence / story / bull***t can often be entertaining.

Remember the "proof" that the oversize chronos were real -- the e-mails from the guy who had found the collector who had the "cache" that had been put away many years ago?? Those e-mails, from one of the crooks, proved every bit as entertaining as the stories that came with the watches.

So let's see the proof that this one is genuine. There's a very slim chance that the proof will be convinving (and we will eat some crow); a far greater chance that the proof will itself be an entertaining story.

Wanna buy a genuine Pinto with a 427?

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: It is a put together Heuer aka FrankenHeuer. I
: could see a picture of it and it would still
: be a parts watch put together by some
: individual and not authorized by the Heuer
: Factory. It sounds as if someone is afraid
: they are going to hurt someones feelings. I
: am not afraid so I will call it what it is,
: a fake. Charles.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE