The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Price doesn't always reflect the true Value

Jeff, I am of the opinion that the Heuer Autavia GMT was not a $2,300.00 value. It is as Chuck has stated concerning why he waits until the last minute to bid and that is to keep from being caught up in a bidding war, which can drive the price above the true value. If you will recall, a few years ago I purchase a Heuer Autavia GMT on eBay for under $900 from an individual who had offered it to you for more. Mine include an original Red & White Heuer racing strip box and original bracelet. I have seen these boxes sell recently on eBay for over $300.00, which I also consider over valued. The price I paid for mine, I considered a bargain and a true value worth the money. Of course my value is based on what I am willing to pay and there appears to be alot of new collectors who value them more highly. Charles

: Jeff, congratulations for having the guts and
: honesty to tell us about it. This is one
: example why I'm generally against price
: estimations.

: On the other hand, I do like that "price
: discussions" are freely allowed in this
: forum. You see there is a trend in many
: forums to not allow talk about street prices
: ("only via email"). IMO this is
: basically because some forum owners (want
: to) do some sort of PR for the brand their
: forum is about and don't want to expose the
: big difference between SRP and street
: prices.

: My mood is a bit better than yesterday.
: Your post helped. You have answered many of my
: concerns already.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE