The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Mysterious Autavias -- The Ones with Numerals

Don't have any info on them and by no means an Autavia expert, so all I can offer is some opinions.

For one, I like the dials - quite different from most of what we see and attractive with it.

They seem "all of a piece" in that the numerals match markers match registers etc.

On the 3-register watch, it concerns me that, given the overall patina on the dial, numerals and markers, the Heuer and Autavia script is very bright in comparison. It looks to be sans serif too - not sure if this is correct for an Autavia of this age, but the two-registers look to have a more familiar script, complete with serif. It would be interesting to see if we could find a match for the odd second hand on the 3-reg and see what the dial looks like on that watch.

Any movement pictures on these?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE