The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera family tree

Hey all.

Discussion this morning about the 3641 economy model and where it fits with the Carreras prompted me to have a bash at creating a family tree of sorts for the Carreras.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

The intention was to include small snapshots of each watch above the model number (or group, where they are more or less identical apart from material). When I started adding those, it became clear pretty much straight away that they were too small to add anything without making the whole thing about five times the size :/ It's only in Excel at the moment - to do the job, I think it would have to be in HTML and have either the image display on hovering over the model code or vice versa.

Works ok if you happen to be familiar with the model codes though! If anyone knows of a Carrera model code that I've missed, please let me know because that means I'm also missing it from my master spreadsheet.

The date ranges are quite hard to get accurate information on - in some cases, it's either my best guess or just how it ended up stylistically to avoid too much overlap!!

There are some oddities in there - the two versions of the 45 Dato (date at 9 and date at 12) both use the same 3147 code, and as far as I can glean from the catalogues, the solid gold versions of the 2444 pre-Carrera and the 2447 Carrera really do share the same 2456 code, despite being different watches...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE