The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Funny you say that...
In Response To: Red Silverstone Crystal ()

Last night I was changing the strap over on my Blue Silverstone (thanks Ron!) and again noticed that if I look at the dial "straight on", the crystal is 100% clear, but if I look at it from an angle, the dial looks a little blurry. If I look at the dial from side-on, its blurred ot the point that I can see the white reflection from hands reflected into the crystal. Not sure if I have described that well, but in short, I think that I have the same issue, albeit maybe on a smaller scale

I am pretty sure that there is no moisture in the case, and the crystal was new when I bought the watch.

So what can others tell us? Is this a characteristic of the Silverstone crystals?

David

Messages In This Thread

Red Silverstone Crystal
Funny you say that...
Re: Funny you say that...
Re: Funny you say that...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE