The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Funny you say that...
In Response To: Re: Funny you say that... ()

Thank you for the feedback nic. Will ask my guy in New york to give this a try as this is beyond my comfort level. Is this actually dirt that accumulates under the crystal or some sort of coating that is coming off?
Should a "Heuer Guy" be the only one to play with this? Wish you were closer. Know anyone in the US on the east coast? Many thanks
Jamey

: I have seen this before too. My advise is to cleean the underneeth
: of the glass but you should remove it first as the markers
: easily fall off if nudged. Glass removal of silverstones is
: normally pretty easy as the gasket tends go quite solid with
: age. Remove the movement/dail etc
: then gently knock the glass from the underside (i use a tiny
: plactic hammer)or you can try pushing. The glass will go back in
: fairly easily as long as the gasket remained intact.
: nic

Messages In This Thread

Red Silverstone Crystal
Funny you say that...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE