The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Perspectives on the Memorial (and the Autobahn)

Peter:

Yes, I was also on the Autobahn, but in a 30-seat tour bus, 100 KPH was the speed limit . . . maybe I can arrange for something faster for the next visit!

I thought that the Holocaust Memorial was interesting and powerful, when viewed from the street or adjacent areas; the overhead photos are also very powerful, representing something of a scar or wound in the landscape. My disappointment was in walking through the stones, themselves. It seemed too anonymous; the placement of the rows and aisles seemed too regular and orderly; it was also strange walking in the Memorial, and seeing the traffic passing by and adjacent apartment buildings. But maybe all this is part of the message. So I liked it from the sky and from the street, but less from the interior.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi Jeff

: I was there last year when my wife and I went to Berlin for Easter
: holyday (and to test my then new Alfa Romeo GT 3,2 on the German
: autobahn). I thought the Holocaust Memorial was a fantastic
: breathtaking experience. It is beautiful as architectural art
: but also very strong as a memorial for the millions of Jews that
: lost there life.

: We also visited some watch shops in Berlin. There are quite a few
: with vintage watches, Heuer, Omega etc. Can’t find the names
: now, but they are somewhere on my PC.

: Peter, Denmark
: www.watchsite.dk

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE