The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: OT: Introducing the Aston Martin... iQ??!!

Oh yes it is a stretch indeed....my last project at PAG was Range Rover powered by Aston Martin, which I have heard has found its way back...
There was a huge transformation going on at Aston with the new platform strategies around 2001.
The new state of the art factory at Gaydon and the move from Bloxham was a huge leap forward.
This made the volume growth, by introducing the V8.
Unfortunately the RR powered by Aston was canned by Detroit, even the bus case was solid, however I think Ford already knew at this time that the Premium brands will be sold.

Cheers

Arno

www.heuerchronographs.com

:
:

: As far as I can tell, this is genuine - Aston Martin are looking to
: sell existing customers a badged version of the Toyota iQ, at
: just twice the price they could have a Toyota version for!! It's
: a recent story, not from April 1, before you ask!

:
: http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/First-Official-Pictures/Aston-Martin-Cygnet-20k-city-car-concept-2009-first-official-pictures/

: Some of the quips about it being the most reliable Aston could
: probably be true, but for me it's a brand extension too far -
: what do you think?

: Arno, how about you - glad this didn't happen at your time with
: PAG?!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE