The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I think this could be what we're looking for :-)

Amazon.com Product Description

Bringing you precision time keeping with cutting-edge style (cutting edge from 1969 when Heuer introduced the style, that is), this 42 millimeter chronograph watch is a timepiece you can rely on for accuracy and durability. It presents (it does presentations? Wow, your classic Monacos could never do that) on a blue croco-leather band with a buckle closure and features a blue dial with luminous hands, a date display at six o'clock, a red sweep second hand and two sub-dials in the three and nine o'clock positions (that may be nigglingly familiar to anyone who has ever seen a Monaco. Ever.). Stick indices mark all hours (except 6 and 12. We don't count those as hours). This watch is water resistant to a depth of 165 feet and is powered by an analog-quartz movement.

I'm surprised Amazon are selling that to be honest - you'd think it would be infringing something or other, at least from the new Monacos, but then I suppose it is awkward to patent/copyright a "look" and that thing doesn't call itself a Monaco at all...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE