The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
It Would Only be Used to Generate E-Mail Updates / Messages

I agree with most of what you have written . . . would never tweet about what I am having for dinner or with a review of a movie. But it can be used to generate messages to "followers", who want to receive updates on a subject. I expect that I would only use it to generate these sorts of messages, but maybe readers are already getting that through the the functions / settings of this discussion forum.

It's up to our readers . . . I am not looking for a new place to go / thing to check / site to update. Do not want to create work / obligation to update things that do not need to be updated.

It is also very easy to delete the Twitter account, and that may be the best approach of all.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Jeff

: It could be worse it could be Facebook! I have a immediate dislike
: for all these "tell us what your doing at this precise
: moment" websites. It's like people can't live their lives
: and enjoy themselves without telling the whole world about it!
: Saying that i do think that perhaps Twitter is not as bad as
: Fbook, albeit it might be marginal.

: Perhaps it's worth a go, but i'm firmly in the phone/email/text at
: worst camp for contactability and would rather check a website
: for updates. Perhaps i'm just not down with the kids...

: Rich

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE