The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: European Vacation I
In Response To: European Vacation I ()

Tonight is the end of week two of the vacation. We made it back into Switzerland today, after spending the night in Chamonix. We drove Tuesday's Tour de France stage on Wednesday - what a trip. Tonight we're staying in a Hostellerie in the walled chateau town of Gruyere. Passed on the Raclette in town for a simple meal of bread, cheese (Gruyere, of course), assorted dried meats, and a delicious local red wine, taken in our room looking out over the hills of the region with some distant thunderstorms happening.

Tomorrow morning we go to Le Chaux-de-Fonds for our arranged visit to the Heuer Museum. I really can't wait - like a child on Christmas eve.
Report to follow.

Oh, and the Verona 110.215G got the nod for this trip, dressy enough for the wedding at the end of the month, and still a microrotor chrono.

Bruce B
Seattle

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE