The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: thoughts on models/pricing
In Response To: thoughts on models/pricing ()

Dan makes a very good point here. I agree that we are seeing more sales of watch heads only of late. In some ways that's a good thing, as I have had watches that have been put on the cheapest new strap possible and I have probably been charged a premium as a result of the watch having a new strap, even if it was one that I would be changing immediately on receipt. (Or maybe I'm just smarting as I've used up my stock of straps and buckles!).

It was great that the seller of my smoke-dialled barrel Carrera included the original bracelet as well as the strap it was on - it made it even more of a bargain, and I'm still a little surprised (but thankful) that it wasn't sold seperately...

So maybe we have a little section in the price guide where we try to give ballpark values for the accessories (maybe because I'm in Berlin right now, but I want to use the German equivalent "Zubehör" instead of "accessories"; roughly, "things that belong to the watch", which is a reaslly nice way of putting it)? Bracelets, buckles, papers, boxes etc.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE