The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Why is no one bidding on this item? (it's NOT mine!)

I hope this doesn't violate some forum protocol, but I've been wondering about this for a few days. There's a Heuer on eBay advertised as a "Heuer Autavia three reg chronograph Val. 72," with a starting bid of $750, no bidders, and a little over a day to go. To my inexpert eye, everything seems to look right -- though the picture of the movement accompanying the auction has some detail differences from my Valjoux 72, and there are other, seemingly small, issues that the seller (who has a good number of sales and 100% feedback) acknowledges up front:

* Bezel insert (black minute ring) has a repair at 12:oo could poss. be replaced.

* Original dial shows some age, but still looks good.

* Original hands except for minute and hour recorder small hands, (at 6 &3) replacements.

* Crown is not original and should be replaced with Heuer marked crown.

The item number is 280386869997, if anyone cares to look at it. I'm not interested in buying this watch, I'm just curious, for self-educational purposes, as to why it hasn't generated any interest. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Bart Brown

Messages In This Thread

Why is no one bidding on this item? (it's NOT mine!)
Here are Four Reasons
And a fifth
Re: And a fifth
Re: And a fifth
Re: Here are Four Reasons
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE