The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re-editions
In Response To: I'd heard blue and brown... ()

Hi all!

I say it`s time to stop the whole carousel of re-editions.As a way to commemorate special events or particular models I guess it`s ok,but I wish the development team would spend some more time innovating,instead of re-inventing.
The Carrera line is probably the only model line which has gone through a natural development,each new model capturing its time,while keeping the identity and the heritage intact.The Carrera RS2 is a great example of this strategy,and the Monaco concepts are also looking very exciting.

How about trying to maintain some continuity,updating and developing the models as you go along,instead of just slapping a classic model signature on whatever they manage to put together at the time?

I`ll let the Monza re-edition illustrate my point.The original Monza captured the look and style of the late 70s/early 80s,then disappeared for a good 30 yrs.
All of a sudden it`s back,looking like the Camaro`s distant,inbred cousin?
In my opinion this is not the way to go,and I`m not even mentioning the TAG Autavia..

Before:

After:

And in between..?

Cheers!
Marius

: Hey DC

: Yes i'd heard these rumblings too earlier this week, BUT i'd heard
: blue and brown.

: I'm torn between a retro inspired one, with as you say a simple
: dial and a total reworking, however i'm not entirely sure i
: trust todays designers to come up with a total re-work so
: perhaps would rather a retro inpired one.

: R

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE