The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
CS3140 Re-Edition - Some info
In Response To: CS3140 Re-Edition ()

Hi Terry, these appeared in the first round of re-editions and were a limited series of 1964. If I can recollect it right, the first batch hit the market in late '90's and were discontinued round 2002-2003. These gold-filled ones are indeed very rare compared to the other re-editions, probably only the bronze-dialled gets closer.
You may also want to check Chuck's excellent (as usual...) piece on Carrera's on Chronomaddox, though no real details on this specific model are offered.
As for value you've got to consider that in spite of the sheer value of the metal, most collectors seem to think that gold vintage Heuers are indeed less collectable than steel ones and so they seem to be traded at discount.
IMHO however this is certainly truer for vintage ones, but from what I've seen on the Bay and other markets in some years it does not seem to apply here.
This item used to sell for a very high price when new and on catalogue, certainly well over 3000 euros. Now, in the very few times you get to see them offered, they are still round that price if in very good conditions. Alas the market is so very rare (I think I have seen 3 or 4 in the past 3 years, all in excellent conditions and box&paper'd) that I don't think a serious valuation basis can be established.
Cheers.
Fabrizio
I think that if conditions are good
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE