The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: CS3140 Re-Edition - Some info

Fabrizio,

So I think its fair to say that the CS3140 is quite rare then? My friend's is marked No. 0868 on the back so I assume that's the serial number. Any idea of how many were made? What serial numbers have you seen to get an idea of the batch size, assuming that TAG marked them sequentially? A lot of assumptions I'm afraid but this is a new area for me.

I have a not so flash 1964 Carrera 45 and a 1965'ish Heuer #11.202 Pocket Chronograph that needs some TLC, but my main interest is in British military watches.

Brgds,

Terry

Hi Terry, all is correct:
: - Carrera re-editions (I have my own on the wrist right now, btw!)
: do not have "Carrera" on the dial, unlike Monacos and
: Monzas. Apart from that, the dial is identical to the vintage
: 2447D of the '60's.
: - Gold is indeed very heavy, so little wonder it feels so.
: - Dimensions are the same as original one, so indeed a bit small
: for today standards. However they make it fit perfectly under a
: shirt cuff and IMO it's the perfect watch all round, with a suit
: and tie or open neck shirt and jeans.
: This is indeed the only modern TAG-Heuer watch I like, and I really
: love it indeed: but it is a very faithful re-edition of a
: vintage watch of course.
: Cheers.
: Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE