The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
After pre-Daytona the pre-Carrera? Is it a 3336 Tachy? *PIC*

Hi all,

please have a look at this Heuer chronograph which I have purchased. It's a 37 mm chronograph from around 1960-1962. Is it the black chronograph 3336 which we find in the Heuer catalog from 1962 which also features the 3646 and 2446 Autavia for the first time? The only difference I can notice is that the one on the added photo which I bought has a tachymeter scale. Any other worries about the authenticity maybe? Your input is much appreciated. I have a photo of the internals. It's clearly a Valjoux allright.

Could we call this type the pre-Carrera maybe, the same way Rolex boasts with its pre-Daytona model?

As a big fan and owner of Valjoux 72, Valjoux 92 and Landeron Carrera's I also fell in love with this one the moment I saw it. "It simply had to be part of the Carrera collection".Also notice the round pushers, another sign of the Carrera about to emerge in '64? The fact that it measures 37 mm excl. crown makes it a fairly big watch for the early sixties, doesn't it?

Thanks for the input !

Cheers
Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE