The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Calibre 11: Crystal Ball -- the big price movers for 2010

Very nice posting by David, on his Cailbre 11 blog, discussing which vintage Heuers are likely to be the big price movers for 2010.

Here is the link to article -- the http://www.calibre11.com/2009/09/18/crystal-ball-the-big-price-movers-for-2010/

I hope that everyone will read the article, but for those who want the executive summary, I can provide it in five bullets, as follows:

1. Heuer 510 series
  2. Montreal, Caliber 12
  3. Camaros
  4. Super Professional Diver
  5. Silverstone, Caliber 12

So what do we think of David's predictions of the big gainers? Can it be true that the "big three" -- Autavia, Carrera and Monaco -- are all due for a bit of a rest in 2010, while these others advance? Will we see this rotation between the bell-weathers and the rest of the pack? Looking at this list, I see lots of heavy metal (other than the Camaro) . . . but what about the trend toward smaller watches?

David has given us his thoughts . . . who agrees / disagrees??

Well done, David . . . again and again!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE