The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Calibre 11: Crystal Ball -- the big price movers for 201

Supply and demand, apart from Monaco's, which are almost exempt.
Silverstone supply low but demand hasnt outstripped demand in the past 12 months to raise prices by mush, however re-edition may alter matters.
On the other stuff, sure on paper they are indeed undervalued, but one would need an upswing in demand for them to increase anything other than in an orderly manner and it would take more than a few completist collectors to do this imo.
My guess is most things go up 10-15% apart from the most desirable watches which may carry on at an even faster rate.

I do think we will see a larger gap between ordinary condition beaters and ones that are mint or in very good condition (with all correct hands, no dial issues not over polished etc), that would be my prediction...

: Very nice posting by David, on his Cailbre 11 blog, discussing
: which vintage Heuers are likely to be the big price movers for
: 2010.

: Here is the link to article -- the
: http://www.calibre11.com/2009/09/18/crystal-ball-the-big-price-movers-for-2010/

: I hope that everyone will read the article, but for those who want
: the executive summary, I can provide it in five bullets, as
: follows: Heuer 510 series Montreal, Caliber 12 Camaros Super
: Professional Diver Silverstone, Caliber 12
: So what do we think of David's predictions of the big gainers? Can
: it be true that the "big three" -- Autavia, Carrera
: and Monaco -- are all due for a bit of a rest in 2010, while
: these others advance? Will we see this rotation between the
: bell-weathers and the rest of the pack? Looking at this list, I
: see lots of heavy metal (other than the Camaro) . . . but what
: about the trend toward smaller watches?

: David has given us his thoughts . . . who agrees / disagrees??

: Well done, David . . . again and again!!

: Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE