The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 2 G's side by side...

Hey Rich,

Very nice Monaco's!

For me the 1533G is the most beautifull wristwatch Heuer has ever made...but that's just my personal opinion. These 1533G Monaco's appear to be very neutral and soft in pictures...but "in the metal" they're just perfect for me.

There are a lot of collectors that even haven't seen such a 1533G in real life (because they're quite rare and not so desired I guess)...they only know it from pictures. The strange thing with this Monaco is that it looks very different (even more beautifull) in real life compaired to pictures.

Very well done Rich...and if you ever decide to part with it...just let me know first ;-)

Cheers,
Abel.

: The 73633G (as previously discussed) looks black and dark grey and
: mid grey depending on conditions and the 1533G looks silver,
: gold or light grey.
: These metallic finished Monaco's fascinate me most, although a
: 1133b may be the holy grail (although not as rare as manual and
: cal15 versions), for me they are not as nice in the flesh or on
: the wrist (very nice all the same!) but perhaps the transitional
: 1133b is more interesting with the metallic finish ...

: The quest continues...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE